DJ Service Agreement, Terms & Conditions
CUSTOMER understands and/or agrees to
1) pay a non-refundable booking/retainer’s fee in the amount of $100 in order to secure reservation and will be applied to the total cost. Remaining balance is due at time of service.
1) PRIOR to the event, if the DJ is unable to perform service due to inclement weather forecast/conditions (i.e. rain, precipitation, high winds, lightning, etc.) an act of God or any other cause beyond the DJ's or customers control, the customer will be entitled to a refund of booking fee and all monies pre-paid toward remaining balance. The customer will be offered to reschedule reservation to a later date/time. The contractor will contact the customer NLT 24 hours prior to the event date to decide on a course of action. No changes/cancellations will be authorized after close of business (9 PM ET) the day prior of event. NO REFUNDS of booking fees or pre-paid balances will be authorized on the date of the event. No Exceptions.
2) DURING the event, if performance of service is delayed, interrupted, or concludes ahead of the scheduled end time as a result of any act, omission of the customer, inclement weather conditions, or an act of God, the CUSTOMER will remain liable for total cost of service.
3) Cancellations due to circumstances not outlined in the above must requested and received in writing (or text/email) by the customer NLT 48 hours prior to the event date. Contractor will retain all booking fees. Customer may be entitled to refund of all pre-paid balances at contractor’s discretion.
4) If contractor cancels for any unspecified reasons, the customer will be entitled to a full refund of booking fees and monies pre-paid toward remaining balance. The customer may also be offered to reschedule reservation to a later date/time.
DJ is responsible for:
1) providing all necessary equipment needed to perform the requested duties.
2) performing all pre-event sound checks and necessary troubleshooting procedures.
Customer is responsible for:
1) provide DJ close proximity parking for expedient loading/unloading of equipment.
2) provide DJ at least 1 (one) hour prior to scheduled performance time for the purpose of setting up and sound balancing and at least 1 hour for breakdown.
3) provide suitable space and electrical outlets must be made available for DJ equipment.
1) DJ will play songs chosen by customer. Customer should provide DJ with a music request list, if any, No less than 2 weeks prior to the event date. DJ will not be held responsible if certain selections are unavailable. (Only if required)
2) DJ will accept song requests from the customer and guests of the event, provided that the requested music is in DJ collection and/or that time permits.
CUSTOMER agrees to cover for all damages, expenses, and replacement cost of DJ equipment and accessories listed above due to negligence or vandalism of customer or any of the event guests.
DJ is an independent contractor, not an employee of Client. DJ is solely responsible for all taxes, withholdings, insurance, and any obligations that may apply to an independent contractor.